Salts are growing in popularity, many for bath soaks and exfoliating scrubs. Salts are easy to use and have such great health benefits! In general salts can be colored with liquid soap dye, mica powder, or powdered lakes. Be careful with liquid dye as too much may cause the salt to dissolve. When senting the salt only use up to 3% Skin Safe fragrance oil or 1% Skin Safe Essential Oil. Make sure to store all salts in air tight containers at room temperature.
Types of Salts:
Dead Sea Salt
- The waters from the Dead Sea are unique in that they contain 27% of various mineral enriched salts as compared to 3% in normal sea water. Dead Sea Salt contains magnesium, potassium, calcium chloride and bromides.
Himalayan Pink Dea Salt
- Pink Sea Salt is sea salt that is mined from ancient sea deposits in the Himalayan Mountains. This Himalayan sea salt varies in color from white to dark pink granular crystals. The salt comes in different grain sizes which can be used for bath salts, manicure/pedicure soaks, bath teas, potpouri, neti pot solution and ingredient in soaps, lotions, and exfoliating salt scrubs.
- Dendritic Salt is a very fine white grain salt with a greater surface area than most salts. This allows the salt to absorb twice the amount of oil so that creates a very fragrant final product. Dendritic Salt is all natural and has less clumping, greater fragrance retention and dissolves quickly in water.
European Spa Salt
- European Spa Salts are solar evaporated and harvested from the pristine waters of the Mediterranean Sea in Belgium. They are produced using the ancient method of solar evaporation in a region that is free of pollution and has high evaporation rates. European Spa Salts are one of the purest salts in the world.
- Epsom Salt, when dissolved in a bath is absorbed through the skin to replenish the body’s levels of magnesium. Researchers have found that magnesium increases energy by encouraging the production energy packets made in the cells. Experts recommend soaking with Epsom Salt at least three times a week to look better, feel better and have more energy. Epsom salts make a great all natural sore muscle soak.