Bath Bombs, or Bath Fizzies, are like giant alka-seltzers for your bath – they spin, whirl and swirl in your bath while releasing scent and skin-softening agents. They make bath time SUPER fun!
– 2 Bowls (1 small, 1 larger)
– Measuring cups
– Measuring spoons
– Molds (1/2 cup size approx.)
– Wax paper or freezer paper
– Air tight container or cello bags
– 1 cup baking soda
– 1/2 cup citric acid
– bath bomb color
– 1/2 cup corn starch
– 2 1/2 TBSP sweet almond, sunflower, corn or other light oil
– 1 TBSP water
– 2 tsp. fragrance oil
– 1/4 tsp. borax
1. Mix all dry ingredients together in large bowl. Make a ‘well’ in the middle of the ingredients. Set aside.
2. In a separate container, add liquid color to water and combine all wet ingredients together.
3. Slowly drizzle the wet ingredients the well of dry ingredients and mix everything together. Your mixture should pack easily at this point. If your mixture is too dry, add more water, if too wet add more baking soda.
4. Pack the mixture tightly into your molds.
5. Once tightly packed, turn over and remove from molds and place on wax paper to dry.
6. Leave them in a dry place overnight and once they’ve hardened, they-re ready to go!!